SkookumLogger v3.1.1 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ has released version 3.1.1 of his contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
Version 3.1.1 New features
- Added Rename Log and Save Log As to File menu.
- Added RSGB 70cm FM Activity Contest.
- Crash when turning on the “Automatically set sent grid” option in Logging preferences. Thanks Shaun Favell.
- Repaired animation for disclosure buttons in Amplifiers and Radios windows. Thanks W6FB.
- Changed font to fixed-width for frequency displays in Log window. Thanks AF8A.
- Fixed Cabrillo category mode name for FM. Thanks GØDVJ.
- Sending CW with paddle or keyboard was incrementing the CQ counter. Thanks GØDVJ.
- Corrected spelling of the Cabrillo GRID-LOCATOR tag. Thanks KA1IS.
- Rotator bearing changes were not noticed on the great circle maps. Thanks GØDVJ.