SkookumLogger v3.9 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ has released version 3.9 of the contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Apple changed something, since 3.2.5, that sometimes breaks getting SkookumLogger updates from the App Store. The update fails with an Alert about “unable to install, try again later”. One user found that trashing the version in the Application folder, and any other versions found with a Finder search, then restarting the before trying the App Store update again, resolved the problem. Alternatively, you can download this latest release here.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Two QSO entry boxes supporting interleaved SO1R, SO2V, SO2R/2BSIQ with one keyboard
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Exchange Archive (personal call history file) for exchange pre-fill
- Partial callsign matching against log, Exchange Archive, and Super Check Partials (SCP) database
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, grids, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW call type-ahead and CW keyboard mode
- Context-sensitive, queued message sending for CW, SSB (using radio DVR), FSK/PSK (using radio encoder)
- Great circle maps with terminator and antenna pattern overlays
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Amplifier standby/operate and drive power controls
- Rotator direction display and control
- Elecraft P3SVGA panadapter display with graphical known-activity overlays
- YCCC SO2R Box+ and YCCC SO2R Mini interfaces including their WinKeyer emulations
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface
- XK-24 Keypad interface with red/blue backlights
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
Changes in version 3.9 2022-10-03
- When a K4 TCP radio is enabled, the Window menu shows a new item named “K4 Mini-Pan” below the Panadapter item. The resizeable window replicates the K4 Mini-Pan content for the main receiver and adds overlays showing the main receiver passband and the transmit frequency offset.
- Changed call sign cleanup logic to not strip /m suffixes.
- Changed Canadian multipliers for NYQPInNY to the standard province/territory list.
- Updated Data Encode/Decode help topic to note that the transmitted sent exchange is defined in the Data Messages Editor, not the Sent Exchange editor. Thanks AI6W.
The latest version of SkookumLogger is available free of charge for download here or visit the App Store.