SkookumLogger v2.5.0 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ, released version 2.5.0 of his contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
2.5.0 2020-02-20 New features
SkookumLogger now supports the new YCCC SO2R Mini device. See the YCCC SO2R Devices topic in the External Hardware section of Help, and About the YCCC SO2R Mini on the Hints page.
SkookumLogger now supports the European HF Championship, including Practice mode for the unique exchange.
The Help menu now has a link to the Hints page on the web site. Most of the URLs on the Help menu have been changed to secure access (https).
For the Minnesota QSO Party, duplicate tracking and scoring was broken due to the rule forcing several distinct modes into either CW or SSB. Now, SkookumLogger will accept only those two modes for logged a QSO, and you must manually change other modes according to the rule. Also, some errors in Cabrillo output have been corrected. Thanks AF8A.
SkookumLogger delays starting a CQ message in 1T1R or 1T2R when it is triggered while Pounce has focus and the Pounce band is different from the Run band, in order to prevent transmitting while the radio is changing bands. A borked implementation was leading to introducing the delay when it wasn’t needed.
When using the keyer in the YCCC SO2R+ Box, toggling from Pounce to Run automatically to start a CQ aborted the CQ message after the first dash. Thanks GØDVJ.
When using the keyer in the YCCC SO2R+ Box, tapping the paddle to abort a message didn’t clear the message queue.