SDRangel v7.16.0 released
SDRAngel is a multi platform general purpose software defined radio program that supports many SDR hardware.
SDRangel uses include:
- ADS-B Decoder: Decodes aircraft ADS-B data and plots aircraft positions on a map
- NOAA APT Decoder: Decodes NOAA weather satellite images (in black and white only)
- DVB-S: Decodes and plays Digital TV DVB-S and DVB-S2 video
- AIS: Decodes marine AIS data and plots vessel positions on a map
- VOR: Decodes VOR aircraft navigational beacons, and plots bearing lines on a map, allowing you to determine your receivers position.
- DAB+: Decodes and plays DAB digital audio signals
- Radio Astronomy Hydrogen Line: With an appropriate radio telescope connected to the SDR, integrates and displays the Hydrogen Line FFT with various settings, and a map of the galaxy showing where your dish is pointing. Can also control a dish rotator.
- Radio Astronomy Solar Observations: Similar to the Hydrogen line app, allows you to make solar measurements.
- Broadcast FM: Decoding and playback. Includes RDS decoding.
- Noise Figure Measurements: Together with a noise source you can measure the noise figure of a SDR.
- Airband Voice: Receive multiple Airband channels simultaneously
- Graves Radar Tracker: For Europeans, track a satellite and watch for reflections in the spectrum from the French Graves space radar.
- Radio Clocks: Receive and decode accurate time from radio clocks such as MSF, DCF77, TDF and WWVB.
- APRS: Decode APRS data, and plot APRS locations and moving APRS enabled vehicles on a map with speed plot.
- Pagers: Decode POCSAG pagers
- APRS/AX.25 Satellite: Decode APRS messages from the ISS and NO-84 satellites, via the built in decoder and satellite tracker.
- Channel Analyzer: Analyze signals in the frequency and time domains
- QSO Digital and Analog Voice: Decode digital and analog voice. Digital voice handled by the built in DSD demodulator, and includes DMR, dPMR and D-Star.
- Beacons: Monitor propagation via amateur radio beacons, and plot them on a map.
The latest release, v7.16.0 includes the following changes and fixes:
New RTTY and PSK31 modulators
We have added two new channel modulators thanks to @srcejon
- RTTY (PR #1800): https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/tree/master/plugins/channeltx/modrtty
- PSK31 (PR #1814): https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/tree/master/plugins/channeltx/modpsk31
Other changes and fixes
- Flush log stream after write, so data is available immediately. PR #1834. Fixes #1833 from @srcejon
- Remote TCP improvements. PR #1830. Fixes #1827 from @srcejon
- Fix ffpmeg/opencv dependencies. Enable C lang on Mac, for external project. PR #1828. Fixes #1819 from @srcejon
- Request authorization for access to camera and microphone on Mac. PR #1824. Fixes #1819 from @srcejon
- Fixed Swagger files generation and added missing files. Fixes #1821
- Add strings describing why Microphone, Camera and Location are required on MacOS. PR #1822. Fixes #1819 from @srcejon
- Add windows-default preset for building with Visual Studio. PR #1816 from @srcejon
- Add Android SDR Driver sample source. PR #1815 from @srcejon
- Distingush between China and Taiwan. PR #1810. Fixes #1805 from @srcejon
- Add command line options to start Remote TCP Sink on a specified device/ PR #1809. from @srcejon
More information, documentation and support can be found on the SDRangel website at SDRangel.org.
You can download the latest version of SDRangel from github