SDRangel v7.10.0 released
SDRAngel is a multi platform general purpose software defined radio program that supports many SDR hardware.
SDRangel uses include:
- ADS-B Decoder: Decodes aircraft ADS-B data and plots aircraft positions on a map
- NOAA APT Decoder: Decodes NOAA weather satellite images (in black and white only)
- DVB-S: Decodes and plays Digital TV DVB-S and DVB-S2 video
- AIS: Decodes marine AIS data and plots vessel positions on a map
- VOR: Decodes VOR aircraft navigational beacons, and plots bearing lines on a map, allowing you to determine your receivers position.
- DAB+: Decodes and plays DAB digital audio signals
- Radio Astronomy Hydrogen Line: With an appropriate radio telescope connected to the SDR, integrates and displays the Hydrogen Line FFT with various settings, and a map of the galaxy showing where your dish is pointing. Can also control a dish rotator.
- Radio Astronomy Solar Observations: Similar to the Hydrogen line app, allows you to make solar measurements.
- Broadcast FM: Decoding and playback. Includes RDS decoding.
- Noise Figure Measurements: Together with a noise source you can measure the noise figure of a SDR.
- Airband Voice: Receive multiple Airband channels simultaneously
- Graves Radar Tracker: For Europeans, track a satellite and watch for reflections in the spectrum from the French Graves space radar.
- Radio Clocks: Receive and decode accurate time from radio clocks such as MSF, DCF77, TDF and WWVB.
- APRS: Decode APRS data, and plot APRS locations and moving APRS enabled vehicles on a map with speed plot.
- Pagers: Decode POCSAG pagers
- APRS/AX.25 Satellite: Decode APRS messages from the ISS and NO-84 satellites, via the built in decoder and satellite tracker.
- Channel Analyzer: Analyze signals in the frequency and time domains
- QSO Digital and Analog Voice: Decode digital and analog voice. Digital voice handled by the built in DSD demodulator, and includes DMR, dPMR and D-Star.
- Beacons: Monitor propagation via amateur radio beacons, and plot them on a map.
The latest release, v7.10.0 includes the following changes and fixes:
New Heat Map plugin
New Heat Map channel Rx plugin thanks to @srcejon This plugin can be used to generate a heat map based on RF channel power. To view the Heat Map visually, the Map Feature should be opened. More information here
Other changes and fixes
- Copy fftw3f and libusb dlls to bin directory. PR #1503 from @srcejon
- Removed unncecessary call to updateChannels in VORLocalizer and DemodAnalyzer. Fixes #1572
- TestSource: use queued connection for connecting worker’s deleteLater. Fixes possible crash on exit
- FT8 support: corrected possible code glitch
- DSD demod: disable audio for YSF wide mode if AMBE feature is active. Fixes #1587
- Fix SDRplay RSPdx LNA table, to have correct number of entries, for #1532. PR #1591 from @srcejon
- Autostack: Fix channel windows being made to wide when SDRangel starts. PR #1601 from @srcejon
- Android: Prevent app from being put to sleep when running. Add menu to keep screen on. PR #1602 from @srcejon
- SSB demod GUI: display channel marker in correct stream if connected to a MIMO device
More information, documentation and support can be found on the SDRangel website at SDRangel.org.
You can download the latest version of SDRangel from github