SkookumLogger v3.2.9 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ has released version 3.2.9 of the contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Apple changed something, since 3.2.5, that sometimes breaks getting SkookumLogger updates from the App Store. The update fails with an Alert about “unable to install, try again later”. One user found that trashing the version in the Application folder, and any other versions found with a Finder search, then restarting the before trying the App Store update again, resolved the problem. Alternatively, you can download this latest release here.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Two QSO entry boxes supporting interleaved SO1R, SO2V, SO2R/2BSIQ with one keyboard
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Exchange Archive (personal call history file) for exchange pre-fill
- Partial callsign matching against log, Exchange Archive, and Super Check Partials (SCP) database
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, grids, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW call type-ahead and CW keyboard mode
- Context-sensitive, queued message sending for CW, SSB (using radio DVR), FSK/PSK (using radio encoder)
- Great circle maps with terminator and antenna pattern overlays
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Amplifier standby/operate and drive power controls
- Rotator direction display and control
- Elecraft P3SVGA panadapter display with graphical known-activity overlays
- YCCC SO2R Box+ and YCCC SO2R Mini interfaces including their WinKeyer emulations
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface
- XK-24 Keypad interface with red/blue backlights
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
Changes in Version 3.2.9:
Please open SkookumLogger after updating by double-clicking the icon in your Applications folder. Then check the version in the About window to confirm that the update succeeded. If it did not succeed, please visit the SkookumLogger support page.
- Added Mexico International RTTY Contest, In and Outside Mexico. W2RU.
- Added CW WW RTTY WPX Contest. W2RU.
- Added IC-746 Pro. IV3CVE.
- K4 TCP: Iimplemented SUB and DIV toggles in the Radios menus.
- K4 TCP: Support separate offset and RIT state for sub-receiver.
- KPA-1500: Support a new Track Radio option that sends the radio transmit frequency to the amplifier. KA1IS.
- Pounce pileup simulation in Practice mode. JH5GHM.
- Practice mode received signal tuning with radio knobs. JH5GHM.
- For serial entry fields, and for contests like RDXC where the info field value can be either a region code or a serial number, SkookumLogger converts the letters A E N O and T to digits when the value is a serial.
- Hid the mistakenly exposed Import CQWW Cabrillo… File menu item. K4TO.
- Changed ARRL RTTY Roundup mode to FSK only. WA1Z, W6PH.
- Changed tolerance for grabbing an activity to match the Activities Frequency tolerance.
- Updated rules for Michigan QSO Party. AF8A.
- Removed report fields for North Carolina QSO party. W2CS.
- Control of the Kenwood TS-890S DVR was dysfunctional. IZ6FXS, JH5GHM.
- SkookumLogger wasn’t allowing double-multipliers in the European Union DX Contest. IZ6FXS.
- The email submission address was wrong and the web site submission address was missing for the Minnesota QSO Party.
- In 2T2R with Alternating CQ and 2BSIQ off, sending a CQ message was causing transmit focus to toggle. KA1IS, JH5GHM.
- In 1T2R, the transmit frequency offset displayed for the Pounce QSO was sometimes incorrect.
The latest version of SkookumLogger is available free of charge for download here or visit the App Store.