SkookumLogger v3.11 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ has released version 3.11 of the contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Apple changed something, since 3.2.5, that sometimes breaks getting SkookumLogger updates from the App Store. The update fails with an Alert about “unable to install, try again later”. One user found that trashing the version in the Application folder, and any other versions found with a Finder search, then restarting the before trying the App Store update again, resolved the problem. Alternatively, you can download this latest release here.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Two QSO entry boxes supporting interleaved SO1R, SO2V, SO2R/2BSIQ with one keyboard
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Exchange Archive (personal call history file) for exchange pre-fill
- Partial callsign matching against log, Exchange Archive, and Super Check Partials (SCP) database
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, grids, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW call type-ahead and CW keyboard mode
- Context-sensitive, queued message sending for CW, SSB (using radio DVR), FSK/PSK (using radio encoder)
- Great circle maps with terminator and antenna pattern overlays
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Amplifier standby/operate and drive power controls
- Rotator direction display and control
- Elecraft P3SVGA panadapter display with graphical known-activity overlays
- YCCC SO2R Box+ and YCCC SO2R Mini interfaces including their WinKeyer emulations
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface
- XK-24 Keypad interface with red/blue backlights
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
Changes in version 3.11 2022-12-19
- Added Flex Radios topic to Reference section of Help.
- Added Settings buttons at top right corner of Log, Activity, and DXCluster windows that open the relevant pane in the Preferences (Settings) window.
- Support CT1BOH skimmer spot quality flags V, Q, ? and B. When a spot arrives with a corrected call for ? or B quality flags, SkookumLogger uses the corrected call and changes ? to c and B to C. Send “set dx extension skimmerquality” to your AR Cluster to enable delivery of the flags. Also see section X.13 in the DXLog.net documentation.
- Revised IC-705 baud rate to 9600. Thanks K1JSM.
- Added support for additional FT-450 modes.
- Revised TS-2000 TCP (for flex) polling scheme and added timeout report. Thanks WO2X.
- Sending CW with WinKeyer or SO2R Mini/Neo now leverages their buffers to eliminate stuttering when logging while a message is sending. Thanks JE1JKL and JH5GHM.
- The Check log table column was uneditable. Thanks W6FB.
- Setting radio band was dysfunctional for some ICOM radios, including IC-705, IC-910H, IC-7000, IC-9100, and IC-9700. Fixes tested for IC-705 and IC-9700. IC-705 apparently does not respond to documented commands for setting band to 2m or 70cm. Thanks G0DVJ and K1JSM.
- Alerts explain why when SkookumLogger cannot send CW, SSB, FSK or PSK messages, and cannot record SSB messages. Thanks AI6W.
- The K4 Mini-Pan window has additional features, see the Help Book. Thanks AI6W.
- Updated log submission URL for WAG.
- Handle case of more than one Panadapter video capture device instead of displaying nothing.
- Modified enabling process for WinKeyers so that special logic for WKmini Rev B keyers does not cause sporadic timeouts for other WinKeyers. Thanks W2RU.
- Corrected references to k1gq.com (now k1gq.net) in the Help Book. Thanks W2RU.
- Removed control of the 2000A amplifier antenna; SkookumLogger doesn’t know which of the 10 choices to use and was choosing antenna 10 when band changed. Thanks W2RU.
- K4TCP was failing to set mode correctly when grabbing a spot on another band and the spot mode was different from the radio mode when last on that band.
The latest version of SkookumLogger is available free of charge for download here or visit the App Store.