SDRangel version 7.9.0 released
SDRAngel is a multi platform general purpose software defined radio program that supports many SDR hardware.
The latest release, v7.9.0 includes the following changes and fixes:
New demodulator/decoder for FT8. See here. There is more to come with a feature collecting and consolidating data from several such demodulators and possibly connecting to a transmitter channel for transceiver functionality.
Other changes and fixes
- SDRPlay: increase LO ppm range. Fixes #1576
- Initialize m_running to fix crash #1574. PR #1575 from @srcejon
- Map feature: added MIMO devices when scanning for channels
- Spectrum: Keep frequency displayed while channel is being dragged. PR #1570 from @srcejon
- LimeRFE: save Rx/Tx mode in m_rfeBoardState. Fixes #1557
- Audio Input: Make sure audio device name corresponds to GUI setting. PR #1565 from @srcejon
- Audio Input: Set start/stop button background colour according to device status. PR #1565 from @srcejon
- Add reset measurements button to Spectrum GUI, PR #1565 from @srcejon
- Speed up enumeration / opening USRP B210 by using hardcoded values. PR #1566 from @srcejon
Version 7.8.6 which was released January 12, 2023 included the following changes and fixes:
- SSB demod: corrected DSB filter
- Fixed CI/CD issues and warnings (1)
- Scan for serial AMBE devices on Windows PR #1543 by @srcejon
- Fixed possible sample device pointer not set yet when DSPMIMOSignalNo…Fixes #1529
- Fixed passing QPoint reference from right click enabler to connected… Fixes #1549
- Support relative satellite image URLs PR #1550 by @srcejon
- Add progress dialog for device enumeration, as some drivers are slow PR #1555 by @srcejon
- Reenable 3D Map PR #1555 by @srcejon
- Fix #1559. Update protocol before calling setAzimuthElevation PR #1560 by @srcejon
- BladeRF v1: fixed VGA controls in GUI. Fixes #1535
- Re-enable LimeSuite in Windows with latest commit
- FT8 demod support library. Part of #1561
SDRangel uses include:
- ADS-B Decoder: Decodes aircraft ADS-B data and plots aircraft positions on a map
- NOAA APT Decoder: Decodes NOAA weather satellite images (in black and white only)
- DVB-S: Decodes and plays Digital TV DVB-S and DVB-S2 video
- AIS: Decodes marine AIS data and plots vessel positions on a map
- VOR: Decodes VOR aircraft navigational beacons, and plots bearing lines on a map, allowing you to determine your receivers position.
- DAB+: Decodes and plays DAB digital audio signals
- Radio Astronomy Hydrogen Line: With an appropriate radio telescope connected to the SDR, integrates and displays the Hydrogen Line FFT with various settings, and a map of the galaxy showing where your dish is pointing. Can also control a dish rotator.
- Radio Astronomy Solar Observations: Similar to the Hydrogen line app, allows you to make solar measurements.
- Broadcast FM: Decoding and playback. Includes RDS decoding.
- Noise Figure Measurements: Together with a noise source you can measure the noise figure of a SDR.
- Airband Voice: Receive multiple Airband channels simultaneously
- Graves Radar Tracker: For Europeans, track a satellite and watch for reflections in the spectrum from the French Graves space radar.
- Radio Clocks: Receive and decode accurate time from radio clocks such as MSF, DCF77, TDF and WWVB.
- APRS: Decode APRS data, and plot APRS locations and moving APRS enabled vehicles on a map with speed plot.
- Pagers: Decode POCSAG pagers
- APRS/AX.25 Satellite: Decode APRS messages from the ISS and NO-84 satellites, via the built in decoder and satellite tracker.
- Channel Analyzer: Analyze signals in the frequency and time domains
- QSO Digital and Analog Voice: Decode digital and analog voice. Digital voice handled by the built in DSD demodulator, and includes DMR, dPMR and D-Star.
- Beacons: Monitor propagation via amateur radio beacons, and plot them on a map.
More information, documentation and support can be found on the SDRangel website at SDRangel.org.
You can download the latest version of SDRangel from github