SkookumLogger v3.16 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ has released version 3.16 of the contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Two QSO entry boxes supporting interleaved SO1R, SO2V, SO2R/2BSIQ with one keyboard
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Exchange Archive (personal call history file) for exchange pre-fill
- Partial callsign matching against log, Exchange Archive, and Super Check Partials (SCP) database
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Integrated Cabrillo upload to support SCP
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, grids, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW call type-ahead and CW keyboard mode
- Context-sensitive, queued message sending for CW, SSB (using radio DVR), FSK/PSK (using radio encoder)
- Magic Message, like ESM with user-defined trigger key
- Great circle maps with terminator and antenna pattern overlays
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Amplifier standby/operate and drive power controls
- Rotator direction display and control
- Panadapter display with graphical known-activity overlays and radio frequency control
- K1EL WinKeyer with KEY1/KEY2 management
- YCCC SO2R Box+ and YCCC SO2R Mini interfaces, including their WinKeyer emulations
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface
- XK-24 Keypad interface with red/blue backlights
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your contest logging skills off the air
Changes in version 3.16 2023-06-06
- Correct Last QSO now handles the set of manufactured QSOs created when logging a candidate QSO containing straddlers. Edits apply to the set of QSOs corresponding to (same time stamp) the last QSO in the log. Editing the call changes all QSOs in the set. Editing the location changes all of the QSOs in the set only when the complete straddler expression is provided. Editing sent and received reports is not supported.
- Tapping the paddle executes the Log > Focus Recent QSO Entry command, for any radio mode.
- Added Polish Straight Key Contest in Other group.
- Added Latvian Mechanical Key Activity in Other group.
- CW Practice mode now supports ARRL Field Day and North American QSO Party.
- CW Practice mode now supports all Inside and Outside QSO Parties.
- Added default settings for some message special keys.
- Removed the recent change that offset the time stamps for manufactured QSOs to work around a LoTW defect.
- Changed the Log Rover column title to Ro and added a tooltip. Thanks AI6W.
- Modified Log Notes behavior. Auto-filled content is bracketed with « and », and is updated when the log rescored. Text entered in an empty note or appended to auto-filled content is not affected by rescoring. Now, for example, when you change a received grid value, the distance value in the notes gets changed too.
- Updated the ARRL Section list: MAR split to NB and NS, GTA changed to GH, NT changed to TER.
- The Sweepstakes exchange field named “check” is year-first-licensed. Other contests use this field for other types of “age”, such as operator’s age. ARRL Field Day and Winter Field day use this field for entry class. The tooltips for the entry field and the log table column, and the column title, now depend on the name of the contest.
- The name for the “Not Needed QSO” font/color call adornments has changed to “Zero-point QSO”. When QSO status is unknown, system default text font and color adornments are used.
- Replaced lawyer prose in About with plain language borrowed from W7AY.
- Updated WRTC 2022 behavior for new rules. Additional changes are likely as rules are clarified.
- Sometimes checksheets were enabled in the menu but not visible after changing a log’s contest rules. Thanks AI6W.
- Duplicate and Multiplier detection logic for NEQP Inside was broken.
- Duplicate detection wasn’t working for straddlers until after the QSOs were logged. The changed logic now reports needed when at least one of the manufactured QSOs will not be a dupe. Thanks AI6W.
- Using Keyboard Mode in the middle of a Magic Message sequence was affecting which message phase was sent. Thanks AI6W.
- Sometimes a new QSO with the SQ flag was being as marked as a multiplier. Wrong, suspects cannot be multipliers and have no point value.
- Was failing to show a direct link for Contest Rules in the Help menu for contests not listed in the WA7BNM Contest Calendar.
Version 3.15 released on 2023-05-01 contained the following changes:
- The Logging option “WRTC 2022 Referee” enables broadcasting QSOs received from SkookumNet to the LAN using UDP port 12060, in DXlog format. This featured is required for WRTC 2022 on the referee computer. The default is off. When on, logging is disabled so the referee cannot add QSOs to the log. [The referee can, however, edit a logged QSO. That.s not simple to prevent.] The broadcast has been tested by IU1NSA, who declared “it works.”
- Yaesu FT891 support. Thanks AI6W.
- Keypad commands “Rotator > Set Rotator n to Long Path” for rotators 1, 2 and 3. The existing Set Rotator commands have been renamed to specify Short Path.
- Generic Serial now generates Cabrillo QSO records with arbitrarily long info fields. Thanks YL3JD.
- QSO timestamps are modified by a few seconds when logging QSOs for straddlers, to work around a LoTW defect (it rejects ADIF QSOs with the same call and same timestamp). Thanks N5EP.
- The Pandapter Window now behaves more-or-less sanely when it finds more than one external video capture device at startup. See the Panadapter topic in the Other Windows section of Help.
- Removed mention of (CWT) adjudication in the Help Book. Thanks AI6W.
- WRTC 2022 was misidentifying multipliers.
- KPA1500 Serial wasn’t displaying forward power in the Amplifiers window.
- The trailing bracket surrounding a call in the partials pane was missing when the length of the call exceeded 10 characters. Thanks W2RU.
The latest version of SkookumLogger is available free of charge for download here or visit the App Store.