SkookumLogger v4.4 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ has released the latest version of the contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Two QSO entry boxes supporting interleaved SO1R, SO2V, SO2R/2BSIQ with one keyboard
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Exchange Archive (personal call history file) for exchange pre-fill
- Partial callsign matching against log, Exchange Archive, and Super Check Partials (SCP) database
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Integrated Cabrillo upload to support SCP
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, grids, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW call type-ahead and CW keyboard mode
- Context-sensitive, queued message sending for CW, SSB (using radio DVR), FSK/PSK (using radio encoder)
- Magic Message, like ESM with user-defined trigger key
- Great circle maps with terminator and antenna pattern overlays
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Amplifier standby/operate and drive power controls
- Rotator direction display and control
- Panadapter display with graphical known-activity overlays and radio frequency control
- K1EL WinKeyer with KEY1/KEY2 management
- YCCC SO2R Box+ and YCCC SO2R Mini interfaces, including their WinKeyer emulations
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface
- XK-24 Keypad interface with red/blue backlights
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your contest logging skills off the air
Changes in version 4.4 2024-01-10
- When changing XK-24 backlights, do nothing when the keyIndex is negative. Minor optimization.
- Display special key values as key equivalents for MagicMessage BeginQso and EndQso menu items.
- Added Speak Status and Speak Status Changes to the Log menu. The first menu item speaks the QSO status string for the QSO entry box with keyboard focus, using the system default voice. The second menu item is a toggle, when checked the status string is automatically played when it changes. Thanks AI7SK.
- Added guessRunPounceFlagAndStationName to Cabrillo import for KC1XX M/M log.
- Added experimental K4MiniPanB by duplicating K4MiniPanA and revising RadioElecraftK4Tcp. More to do, including refactoring classes, and dealing with “doesn’t work” cases such as SUB must be on before opening window the first time.
- Added option-click to Panadapter cursor for setting subreceiver frequency.
- Added message tokens &1 … &5 for sending elements of sent exhange in CW and Data messages
- Set the shortcuts for user1…user5 message menu items to option-F3…option-F7.
- Set the default message definitions for user1…user5 to &1…&5.
- Added tooltip to & token to explain the &n variants.
- DX Cluster: set skimmerquality extension when updating spot filter, and do not log rejected spots.
- Flip shortcuts for bumping K4 attenuation so that shift-control-up-arrow increases gain.
- Log+Report: use save a panel completion handler to get url for saving and opening a report html files. Was saving to app support folder which led to a permission issue on Ventura.
- Removed Unstack QSO from Messages menu. AI6W.
- Updated Guide with edits by AI6W.
- Fuzzy matching updates to improve which of many matches are displayed. JH5GHM.
- Rework handling of DoNotDelayLogging preference in didEndTransmittingMessage and unqueMessage. Was failing to log QSO on MagicPounceEnd message.
- Crash (ActivityController): Synchronize access to ivars that can be accessed from more than one thread at a time. Thanks W6FB.
- Protect against corrupted OperatingMode and Magic Message Version preferences at startup (during applicationDidFinishLaunching).
- ARRL 10 was decutifying sent info for all entrants instead of just DX entrants. Thanks W6FB.
- Deleted a hack intended to reduce calls to checkPartials when logging a QSO, which broke QSO unstacking. Thanks 9M6NA.
- Replace / in AudioRecorder paths with _. Thanks W6FB.
- Removed GMHGuzzyMacther.shared instance; replaced with GHMFuzzyMatcher.new. Prevents race when used by more than one thread concurrently to check partials. Issue discovered by Thread Sanitizer.
- Increase MAX_AVERAGE in K4MiniPanPacket to match max tag in window’s context menu. Else index out of bounds warning discovered by Undefined Behavior diagnostic.
- Consecutive defend messages could be buffered to the same radio. Thanks JH5GMH.
- Fix in YcccSo2RMiniKeyer: a message which interrupts ongoing message is not sent properly (only first character is sent). It worked for Practice mode, but not for SO2R Neo at least. Thanks JH5GHM.
The latest version of SkookumLogger is available free of charge for download here or visit the App Store.